1 MINUTE OF GRATITUDE
Remember those who say thanks, have much to be thankful for.
How can you change everyday to a joyful one in just one minute ? It’s simple. By counting your blessings and expressing your gratitude for them to which ever god or faith we believe in. Why does gratitude work as a meditation practice ? Because it makes you focus on what you have as opposed to always looking at what you seek. It creates inner contentment and peace that stays with you through the day. Lastly it helps you deal with the moments when you don’t get something you seek or something you thought you deserve.
So how can one experience this magic in just 1 minute ? here are the simple steps
- Sit in peace for a moment without your phone, laptop or the presence of another person. You need a minute’s peace. Find it in any corner of your home or office where you can. If you are in a bus or a train close your eyes and relax
- Say gently to yourself, loud enough that you can hear yourself the following
- My lord, I say thanks today for all that I am blessed with
- I thank you for blessing me with life, with breath which so many are denied everyday
- I thank you for my last meal which filled me, a meal that so many lack everyday
- I thank you for the sip of clear water that nourished my thirst, which is denied to many
- I thank you for ( my eyes that see, the tongue that tastes,….and every organ of your body)
- I thank you for the love of my ( mum, dad, spouse, children)
- I thank you for ( my education, teachers, schools, colleges)
- I thank you for ( my income, my job, my career)
- I thank you ( for a roof over my head, my home)
- I thank you for the challenges and teachings you send my way
- I thank you for the opportunities and gifts you send my way
- I thank you for loving me and forgiving my mistakes
- I thank you for saving me in so many crises when I had lost it all
- I thank you for always being there in my every prayer
- When you are done with the list of thanks, pause with a smile on your face say a final thanks
You can also choose to write the list of thanks in a diary everyday. It will take no longer than a minute. Remember those who say thanks, have much to be thankful for.