THE USELESSNESS OF ADDICTIONS
Addictions are things we do mindlessly.
Things that promise us satisfaction.
Right after we have them, we start to have the feeling of dissatisfaction
The more we seek them, the more dissatisified we feel after we have had them.
An endless cycle of destruction begins.
All these can be addictions.
Why are they useless
- The Satisfaction doesn’t last – Ask a drug addict or a smoker. Till how long after the smoke does the satisfaction last. In many cases not even a few seconds.
- The dissatisfaction grows – Every time you finish the addictive activity, a hollow feeling starts to appear. The desire to seek the drug comes again. Each time stronger. And each time a bigger dose is needed. We are on the permanent and slippery road of dissatisfaction.
- The destruction is permanent – of body, of mind, of soul. Of relationships. Of money. Of peace of mind. Of health. Every addiction destroys the addict
- End of your potential – instead of being used for the greater good of others, our inner potential is exhausted by the addiction, like a worm that has eaten away the tree from within
- Disconnection – the addict is increasingly disconnected from the world, from loved ones, from society and drawn to the addiction cutting off all social ties and making one even weaker than before
Addictions are useless. They add nothing. They take away everything. Having this consciousness and constant self reminder is the only way to wean us from the addiction and to prevent it from happening again.
Don’t hollow yourself into nothingness. Grow yourself by realizing that Addictions are truly useless.