5 THINGS YOUR TEAM REALLY WANTS TO DO
WHILE WORKING FROM HOME
Amidst the COVID mayhem, endless phone and video calls, emails after emails, work life seems to have become a blur. According to recent surveys many workers are not even finding time for lunch or breaks during work days – such is the pace of work of working from home. Most tasks however are tiring endless meetings that don’t seem to produce conclusions but yet more calls.
So we asked our teams what do they really want to spend more time on and focus. Out came 5 things that energise our teams even working from home
S.C.A.L.E – These 5 things will help you achieve scale and success even in COVID times
- Strategy – Next 6 months to 3 year plans. Deep thinking. Focus on big hits
- Analysis – Deep dive into issues, projects and areas of growth. Study what is working and what is not and then develop strong conclusions which will help the firm grow into the future.
- Customers – Meet and talk to customers and consumers even if virtually. Make new connections and strengthen existing ones even more.
- Learning – Personal growth in new skills, study new areas that are needed, sign up for online courses and develop my self in order to be more effective on the job
- Edgy Innovation – Develop new innovations , creative thinking and brainstorming
On the other hand what is taking up their time.
- More meetings
- Minutes of meetings
- Powerpoints for meetings
So how can you start to implement S.C.A.L.E.
- Schedule a no meeting time – if you are a brave leader do it for an entire day, say Fridays. If you are keen to experiment try morning 3 hours 9-12 blocked on say Wednesday for a no meeting time
- Schedule a learning time – Again centrally block out time for your teams where they can do learning work on specific areas. Give them access to courses online – many available are free or cost almost nothing eg Udemy EdX Coursera and even youtube
- Edgy Innovation Brainstorm – atleast once a month or quarter schedule time for a quality brainstorm on areas that matter eg what new categories should we launch, how do we improve costs radically
- Make customer meetings a priority – don’t ask your teams about powerpoints made, ask them about customers they spoke to. ow many and how often
- Kill your inner meeting monster – Cut your desire for endless reviews and updates. Reduce frequency of check in. Trust that your teams will do their work
Make time for the 5 things your team wants to do.
S.C.A.L.E your business.